Another year has come and gone and what a year it has been!
In 2014 I discovered that I love creating printables and making no sew felt quiet books and activities. Quite a combo!
2014 also challenged me to a tiring and difficult pregnancy which resulted in the rather eager arrival of my 4th child in October.
I am extremely touched by all the messages I received throughout the year from readers telling me about how much their kids loved the printables, the quiet books they made and just enjoyed my ideas in general. Thank you so much for all the comments and emails!
2014 also saw the fruition of an ebook I had been wanting to write for many moons: Rice Play. I was also blessed to contribute some ideas to various co-authored books: 99 Fine Motor Ideas as well as Fizz Pop Bang: Playful Science & Math Activities.
My top 5 posts for 2014 by visits are:
- How to Make a Quiet Book – Includes 11 Inside pages (All NO Sew!)
- How to make Cloud Dough Recipe (Colorful & Taste Safe)
- How to Make Color Rice for Sensory Play
- Velcro Dot Craft Sticks
- Why I use an Amber Teething Necklace (Amber 101)
My personal top 5 posts that the kids and I really enjoyed are:
- Dot & Cut (Fine Motor & Scissor Skills)
- Learn to Count! (1-10 Printable)
- Shapes, Counting and Colors Busy Bag (with Printable)
- Fizzy Cloud Dough Experiment (Taste Safe)
- Felt Tree Stacking – Christmas Busy Bags
Series I participated in:
I am fortunate to have a wonderful support group of blogging friends and I am very grateful for their company and inspirations. Every now again we come together to share a series of themed ideas, these are the series I participated in for 2014.
12 Months of sensory doughs – This one was a challenge for me as the spin on the theme was to make all these recipes taste safe.
Project Recycle and Create – Another monthly challenge that asked me to look beyond the box and find things to create.
Once off collections:
- Simple Play hosted by Nurturestore
- Ultimate guide to 50 Craft Materials hosted by Craftulate
- A to Z everyday fine motor materials hosted by Still Playing School
- 40 Sensory Bin Fillers hosted by Little Bins from Little Hands
- The Ultimate Guide to Baby’s First Year hosted by Lemon Lime Aventures
- 10 DAYS OF A KID-MADE CHRISTMAS hosted by mamamiss
My top referrers for this year:
I am most grateful to these fellow bloggers for sharing my ideas on their sites with their readers.
- Kids Activities Blog
- Teaching 2 and 3 year olds
- Lemon Lime Adventures
Looking forward to 2015
I have rather large ambitions for 2015 which includes about 3 books, 2 of which are co-authored. These are going to be such a resource for anyone with kids in their care and I am looking forward to getting the ideas out there.
We are continuing on with the weekly themes for Playful Preschool (Wednesdays) as well as Fine Motor Fridays! I also start to teach my 5 year old to read this year as he is finally interested in learning how. This will result in a few ABC and letter activity art & crafts posts on the blog.
At the same time I continue to provide learning opportunities for my 2 year old and my new baby will start taking an interest in things around her in a few months time so we will also be finding DIY things to play with to encourage milestone developments.
Thank you so much for following and sharing these adventures with me!
You can follow by EMAIL here or join me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Discover my blogging friends best of 2014 posts below!